Jolly Fun House Playschool Early Childhood / Serving children 6 weeks to 6 years
Jolly Fun House Playschools is a “Nationally Accredited” Early Childhood Educational Program. For a limited time, all new registrations receive a Free Week of Tuition. Call us today to learn more!
Infants (6 weeks – 14 months)
The infant program provides your child with a safe, nurturing and loving environment complete with sensory stimulation through music, story time, creative art, and free play activities.
Toddler (15 – 23 months) / Two Years
The Toddler program is centered on creative free play activities. Emphasis is also placed on stories, creative art, music and a basic introduction to colors, shapes and numbers. Activities include those that stimulate the early stages of sensory motor development and social interaction.
Children entering school at age two need more in the way of social development. Our teachers are especially trained to accommodate the needs of very young children. They are allowed to develop at their own natural timetable, in a safe and caring environment.
Preschool (3 year olds)
Curriculum at the preschool level includes Music, Art, Pre-Math, Dramatic Play, Science, Social Studies, Health, Literature, Fine and Large Motor Activities.
Children at this level are introduced to Language Arts. The learning objectivies and goals for this program include:
- To teach Language Enrichment, children will respond to a teacher’s directions only if the language used is familiar to them.
- To raise the level of observation on the part of the child. Too often, children fail to observe the world around them. They hear such words as red, animal and house, but they have not been taught what these words mean, what they refer to, and the various forms of observations they imply. To a child, an object may be labeled with one word and nothing more is needed or learned. The Language Arts program increases the scope of a child’s vocabulary and prepares them to think logically.
- To teach children the art of communication, this program emphasizes that language is not merely talking, but it is the tool used for communication between people at all levels of life.
Pre-Kindergarten (4 year olds)
The Pre-kindergarten program (four years old) comprises the following educational elements:
- The Reading Program provides children with pre-reading exercises in sequencing events, saying words, blending, rhyming and recognizing sounds and symbols (phonics), as well as beginning reading.
- The Letter People is a year-long alphabet study which promotes letter recognition and awareness of sound/symbol correspondence through the use of appealing characters for each sound and fun jingles for each letter.
- Advanced Language Arts and Jolly Phonics environment provides communication, comprehension, conversational and listening skills, and increases vocabulary. It also helps the child speak clearly and in complete sentances, to categorize and understand abstract ideas.
- Math provides a hands-on approach to number recognition, and the ability to recognize symbols and understand the meaning. Children also learn counting skills and basic work with (=)(+)(-).
- Our subjects included in curriculum include Fine and Large motor activities, Science, Calendar, Weather, Music, Art, Dramatic Play, Cooking Projects, Computer Education, Foreign Language introduction, Social Studies and Health.
- Music and Songs make learning fun while circle games, finger plays, exercise, creative art, easel painting, coloring, cutting and pasting all develop small motor skills and early learning. Calendar and weather study, “show and tell” strengthen everyday skills. These activites and many more combine to shape our early childhood learning programs.
Our Kindergarten is structured and programmed to enable your child to develop a solid foundation upon which future leaning can be built. In each area of learning, such as in reading and mathematics, your child will be grouped according to their ability and then allowed to progress at his or her own rate. The goal of the reading, literature and language arts program is the development and encouragement of fluent readers, articulate writers and speakers, and discerning listeners and viewers.
The Mathematics program uses a systematic step-by-step approach to developing concepts and skills. The focus on problem solving and reasoning provides opportunities for your child to demonstrate and apply their understanding. Art, Music, and Physical Education are features in the programming. Science and Social Studies are integrated into classroom themes.